DEPRECATED as of 16.03.2021
This software is deprecated as of 16.03.2021 and will receive no further updates. If you are interested in taking over the development of this project, submit a GitHub ticket.
I initially created Gullveig as an all-in-one alternative to Nagios, Monit etc. However, after about a year of private deployment I have concluded that while concept of Gullveig is still valid, it failed to address the main point I initially set out to solve with it - ease of management and deployment, and to provide ability to consistently and reliably monitor systems integrity.
Because there is no need for another Grafana and Nagios, I have decided to deprecate this project and focus on something conceptually quite different.
Gullveig is a free, open-source, light-weight infrastructure and service monitoring and operations support platform. Gullveig offers monitoring, alerting, and insights services for servers, services and applications, as well as other useful administrator and operations features.
Gullveig is modular and flexible, and allows for easy development of custom monitoring and reporting modules that can be created using nearly any platform or programming language.
- Distributed and scalable agent based monitoring architecture.
- Modern, easy to use web interface.
- Time series graphs for resources, counters, metrics and performance data.
- Double-redundant bi-directional remote monitoring.
- Automated alerting and notifications about status changes.
- Rich interface for remote fact and metadata discovery.
- Interactive status dashboard.
- Simple, file based configuration.
- Wide operating system support (written in Python 3).
- Does not depend on third party software for basic operation.
- Built in static documentation server.
Gullveig is licensed under Apache 2.0 software license.